The Importance Of Nutrition For A Fitness Model

What is a fitness model? In my opinion, it is a person who exemplifies and embodies all of which makes one healthy. A person that represents what it means to live a healthy and fit life.
There are many different components that make up a complete and healthy person, but for now my focal point will be on the importance of nutrition for a fitness model.

NUTRITION FOR A FITNESS MODEL

Success in the field of fitness requires making a life decision to eat healthfully and stick with it.
"SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF FITNESS REQUIRES MAKING A LIFE DECISION TO EAT HEALTHFULLY AND STICK WITH IT."
I do not claim to be an expert in nutrition. I am simply a woman who decided to get in the best shape of her life approximately two years ago. I took a nutrition course, read articles, and asked a lot of questions. I also got ready for a figure competition, which is a crash course in getting extremely lean. I used the things that worked and threw out the rest. Most importantly, I am always willing to learn.
I also decided that I not only want to look good, but I want to feel good as well. The first step in doing this is to implement proper nutrition on a daily basis. One way to achieve this is to carefully watch what I eat and at what time of the day I eat it.
Bottom line, I must take in the appropriate amount of calories from food in order to support my goal of building and maintaining muscle while keeping my body fat low.
As a fitness model, my goal is to remain reasonably lean throughout the year. I love nothing more than devouring pizza and dark chocolate. But I am acutely aware that in order to look like a fitness model I must eat nutritionally sound food.
Success in this field requires making a life decision to eat healthfully and stick with it. I have learned that if I perceive the reward to be much greater than the sacrifice, I tend to make appropriate choices. I make sure my refrigerator is filled with food that will support my fitness goals.

SAMPLE MENU

Here is a sample menu that I personally use. Remember, I am 5-foot-4 and weight 130 pounds. So this is approximately my menu and serving size. Also, this is not set in stone; it will just give you an idea of what I eat. I often substitute my protein pancakes in place of my meal #2. See recipe below.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »